The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator for Ponies

About these ads

33 Responses to The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator for Ponies

1. […] The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator for Ponies « The Journal of … […]

• Susie says:

Someone’s got to correct the INFJ text in the graphic! It says Perceiving where it should say Judging!

2. Throwaway Name says:

I am Celestia.
    THIS IS AWESOME.

3. I second Name’s “awesome”, but I wish I’d remember what my result was. :|

4. Curious says:

Who is meant to be represented by the ESFJ pony?

5. Hoity Toity says:

^ You don’t like Cheerilee?
    Personally I think the picture of when she was young would be better…

6. Nick says:

Damn it am defanility twilight -_-U

7. I think Celestia and Twilight should be reversed, twilight seems too rigid for the perceptors.

I was hesitant about applebloom, but I do believe you’ve got that one. Pinkie pie felt borderline t/f, and a friend of mine is convinced Sweetie is an E

8. ENFP says:

Pinkie Pieeeeeee!

9. ENFP 7w6 says:

PINKIE PIE!

10. soffe cheer shorts…

[…]The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator for Ponies « The Journal of Cartoon Overanalyzations[…]…

11. ashley says:

Twilight is all wrong. She doesn’t trust intuition and is too organized/rigid. A true INTP would have a cluttered desk and be completely open to the possibility that Pinkie has psychic intuition.

• Jonatha says:

Ah, but you negelct to remember the fact that Twilight bases her intuition on logic, because her rational foundation is so strong! :D I’m TOTALLY Twilight!

12. Pinkamina says:

Umm no. I am not scootaloo. Scootaloo is my least favorite pony. I am pinkamina Diane responsibility pie, dammit!

13. SpottedPonyFace says:

i’m an ISFP, but i only act like fluttershy around strangers, when i haven’t taken my anxiety meds :P with my family and close friends i’m much closer to rainbow dash of the main six ponies, which makes sense, because i do think i’m a little between the F and T sometimes (though that may just be the practical S).

anyway, though, overall i think i’m a scootaloo

14. concerned anon says:

you are all homosexual here? I’m none of those arent there any mischevous ponies?

• replying to a possible troll who clearly doesn't watch the show says:

rainbow dash, pinkie pie, trixie, scootaloo, take your pick, they’re all pretty mischevious

15. Dr Derpy says:

Sweet :3 ESTJ !(◎_◎;)
    I’m apple jack! Aww man I’m so gonna start wearin’ a hat an talkin’ real tootie an all!

16. Not a poet says:

I am Zecora according to this, but I don’t have the talent and the time to make proper rhyme. : D

• Jordan Smith says:

I am an INFJ too :). According to studies and this chart, the human counterparts to Rainbow Dash and Applebloom would be our ideal mates……Personally, I could see that being the case for me :).

17. Azz9 says:

Not 100% sure you can cram a character in to every personality type. I don’t think they’re all filled at this stage. I don’t think there has been a stereotypical INTP type character portrayed yet.

Also Twilight is most certainly not an INTP, INTJ would have been a better guess but even then that still a little off. She’s Prolly closer to ISTJ.
    TLS Values order and schedule too much to to be INTP. You’d never see an INTP with a checklist or freaking out about deadlines. While she lets her study get disorganized she always seems to sort it out afterwards which a INTP would seldom if not ever do.

18. M says:

I knew I was similar to Fluttershy but I didn’t know our personalities were exactly the same!!! Wow!

19. Sam says:

Im a Rarity 0_0

20. A7XPoney says:

I am Sweetie Belle ! :D

21. Apples & Skittles says:

Sweetness! I’m Pinkie Pie!!! <3

22. nekoxarien says:

Aahhh yeah!!! Im spike :D

23. […] Speaking of MBTI, I am, as should surprise no one, INTJ, just like Princess Celestia. […]

24. L says:

I am no Big Macintosh and I have 2 friends who don’t seem like pinky pies or celestias

25. Susie says:

26. Reachout Wireless

The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator for Ponies | The Journal of Cartoon Overanalyzations

27. Brian says:

This chart assumes that none of the characters shown could have the same type. That is foolish as typically N’s of any classification are very rare. S’s make up roughly 80% of the population, and several of the characters would share the same indicator. Not to mention that the bare version of Myers-Briggs is a bit to vague to be very helpful. I’d recommend looking up David Keirsey’s research on this as he goes more in depth and also references many philosophers and psychologists through out the ages, all the way back to Plato.